JIExpo Convention Centre & Theatre
In 2018 JIExpo will open a new Convention Centre and Theatre which complementsthe existing exhibition and meeting facilities. When complete the development will comprise:
- 2,700m2 ballroom divisible into three separate spaces.
- 820m2 junior ballroom divisible into two spaces.
- 14 new flexible meeting rooms across 2,000m2.
- 15 refurbished meeting rooms across 2,900m2.
- 2,500 seat, three-tier theatre designed to be the premier venue in Jakarta for international concerts, musicals and other cultural events.
- Over 7,000m2 foyer and circulation spaces with natural light and views suitable for breaks, informal meals and networking.
- Integrated pedestrian links across several floors bringing the existing facilities andnew convention centre and theatre within easy walking distance of each other.
The well-designed and equipped expansion will allow JIExpo to attract a broader range of international congresses as well as national and local conventions and meetings. Professional meeting planners with a requirement for opening ceremonies, plenary sessions and corporate presentations in a prestigious environment will soon have an important new location in Jakarta. The outstanding interior design of the complex will make it ideal for weddings and banquets and other social events.
The convention centre and theatre will be equipped with a range of leading edge event and presentation technology including sound, lighting and AV projection systems along with high-speed digital connectivity. The flexible nature of the design means the venue can comfortably cater for boardroom meetings for half a dozen corporate directors to association conventions of 2,500 delegates or more with a wealth of configurations and breakout possibilities. Bringing our current exhibition halls into play increases capacity significantly.
Ample space has been set aside in the new building for back-of-house and support functions such as kitchens, organiser offices, theatre ticketing, artist dressing rooms and staff facilities.